Sustainable Solutions Africa Project: WeForGood Startup Training
As part of the Sustainable Solutions Africa Project, WeForGood International has partnered with the African Institution of Technology (Tekedia Institute), a career and entrepreneurship development platform (501c3 US Registered Charity), to train young entrepreneurs in Africa. This is in line with the mission of the project, to empower youths to create opportunities that help reduce unemployment and alleviate poverty in Africa.
About the Sustainable Solutions Africa Project
The Sustainable Solutions Africa Project is a blended fellowship and accelerator programme to promote skills for sustainable development, specifically for reducing unemployment and poverty alleviation on the continent. The initiative targets youths who have developed skills with which they create opportunities for themselves and others. We empower start-ups and social entrepreneurs who run for-profit and not-for-profit businesses addressing one or more areas of the SDGs to amplify their impact through training, coaching and access to financial support. Last year we facilitated funding of over $250,000 (USD) for our fellows.
This year, interested participants will go through an intensive 3 months pre-qualification training by Tekedia Institute. Participants who successfully complete the training will be eligible for the fellowship through a selection process that will involve assessments, pitches and projects reviews.
The top 30 will be selected as the Sustainable Solutions Africa 2020 Fellows.
Requirements to Join the Pre-Qualification Training
· Register for the dedicated WeForGood Startup Training with Tekedia Institute – see link to register.
· Pay the subsidized training fees of N50,000 or $140 using the details below:
o Naira - An email will be sent to you with the account details.
o USD - FlutterwaveUSD
· Send your name and payment confirmation to email@example.com
Eligibility for the Fellowship
· Be an African or be creating an Africa-focused solution
· 18-35 years
· Have an excellent set of creative, technical or vocational skills being channeled to a for-profit/ not-for-profit initiative or business
· Show evidence that their skills are being put to innovative use to empower others and for the benefit of the community
· Ensure alignment of the initiative/ business with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
· Demonstrate impact through reach and numbers
Benefits to Fellows
· World class curated training to increase impact and reach
· Opportunity to access grants and funding to scale their initiatives
· Ongoing mentorship and coaching from experienced business executives
· Networking Opportunity
· Visibility and support
· Opportunity to access up to $25,000 worth of Amazon AWS credit
Registration for the first batch closes on August 28, 2020 while classes begin on August 31, 2020.
For batch 2, registration closes on September 11, 2020 while classes begin on September 14, 2020.
To learn more, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions apply.